Girls on the Run New Hampshire is pleased to announce its 9th Annual College Scholarship Award available to high school seniors graduating in 2023. Click here to view application.
In April 2001, GOTR New Hampshire was established as an independent council. Since 2007, we have seen incredible growth and have empowered thousands of girls using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. Now, many of the girls from our early years are young women, navigating adulthood with the tools and strategies learned through Girls on the Run.
We are pleased to continue empowering former GOTR-NH participants through the 9th Annual Girls on the Run New Hampshire College Scholarship Award. This award provides an opportunity to recognize, support, and celebrate young women who have previously participated in Girls on the Run New Hampshire and have demonstrated bringing the Girls on the Run Core Values to life.
Girls on the Run New Hampshire will award two $1,000 scholarships to two past program participants for use toward their post-secondary education.
Scholarships will be awarded based on a student's participation in a minimum of two seasons of Girls on the Run, Heart & Sole, assisting as a Junior Coach or as a 5K Volunteer. Involvement in school and community activities, as well as two short essays, are also required. Through these scholarships, we hope the Girls on the Run experience will continue to positively impact our past participants for many years to come.
Girls on the Run Mission: We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy, and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
Girls on the Run Vision: We envision a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.
Girls on the Run Core Values:
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism, and gratitude through our words, thoughts, and actions
- Nurture our physical, emotional, and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for ourselves and others
All applicants must:
- Have participated in a minimum of two seasons in Girls on the Run, Heart & Sole, as a Junior Coach, or as a 5K Volunteer for the New Hampshire council. Past participation will be confirmed through the Girls on the Run New Hampshire office.
- Be eligible for high school graduation during the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Write a 200-word essay describing what you would share with 3rd grade girls to encourage them to consider participating in Girls on the Run.
- Write a 100-word essay describing the influence Girls on the Run has had on the person you are today.
- Grammar and syntax are part of the evaluation criteria.
- Applications and all supporting material must be submitted by Monday, April 3, 2023 by 5:00pm for the June 2023 Award.
Recipients will be asked to provide evidence of college acceptance before scholarship funds are disbursed.
Click here to apply for the 9th Annual College Scholarship.